I’m about to answer a very big question, “what crochet items sell well?”
I can’t always answer that question. Not because I don’t understand it, but because I don’t understand why people are asking.
The idea is that there are specific items made in crochet that will sell like hotcakes!
Make the exact right item and you’ll be making more money than you can image.
Well, to an extent, that’s true, there isn’t just one thing. And, well, the things you decide to sell should be based on more than me, or anyone else saying “you should sell _____ because I think they’ll sell well.”
[wp_ad_camp_4]So, instead of answering the question with a list of specific items, I’m going to answer it with a list of specific criteria. We’re going to talk about the notes your crochet items need to hit to make your business happy.
- Figure out who you’re making for. You can’t sell anything if you’re selling to the wrong audience. So answer the question “who’s my audience?” and you’ll be on the right track to finding those crochet pieces that sell best. A great place to start is my free report on “How to Find your Target Market” because only when you know who you’re selling to can you make the thing that sells.
- Forget the item you’re making is crochet. STOP getting caught up in the idea that what you’re making is crochet. Yes, I know IT IS crochet, but if you get stuck there you think your audience is looking specifically for crochet when what they’re probably looking for is a cool hat, or a fun scarf or a sexy top. They don’t care if it’s crochet or not, they just want it to be what they want or need.
- Stop making what everyone else is making. If you’re looking for the “most popular” thing, it should be easy to find, but that means your customer can easily find it from anyone too. What’s going to make your item stand out if you start making what you think is “most popular” and everyone’s making it?
- Find your own crochet voice. Make things that speak directly to you or the audience you’ve decided you’d like to work with. Speaking your own crochet language will make you stand out in the marketplace and attract the attention of the audience you want to impress.
- Create a plan for your business. I know you started selling whatever you made off the cuff. But now that you’re making this a business it’s time to sit down and create a plan. Decide what you need to learn, and what investments you’re willing to make. Who’s your ideal customer? Where do you want your business to go? Doing that, means you’ll make crochet items that sell because they’re perfect for your business. 5 Steps to Successfully Start a Crochet Business will point you in the direction of your dreams and help you get moving on a plan.
[wp_ad_camp_5]I know that’s not exactly what you hoped but it’s real talk. People love scarves, hats, wraps, shawls etc. But what they really LOVE is something ‘unique’ or ‘cool’ or ‘sexy’ or ‘hot’ or ‘warm’ or ‘pretty’ or . . . well, I think you get where I’m going. Make something really amazing for your audience and it’ll sell well. . . you won’t even have to tell them it’s crochet, that’ll be an added bonus or your little secret.
STOP Guessing and be More Intentional when pricing your crochet!
Learn how with my book
Learn to price your pieces to your services