17 Ways to Gain More Facebook Followers without paying
One question I get asked a lot is “how do I gain more Facebook followers without paying for them?” I can completely relate to that question because I asked it too. We don’t all start with the budget to pay for advertising (although we do grow into one) so finding ways to gain more Facebook Followers without paying is important.
If you’re asking the question it’s because you are savvy enough to recognize that Social Media in general and Facebook in particular is important to building and growing your business. Yay for you! Outlined in this article are 17 ways to help you gain more Facebook followers if you already have an active Facebook business page.
If your Facebook business page isn’t active, then get your current Facebook followers engaged so growing will be easier.
Here are 17 ways to gain more Facebook followers without paying
1) Embed widgets on your website – If you have a blog / website then embedding a Facebook widget on that page will help let your website fans know that you have a Facebook page and easily connect with you there.
2) Add Facebook address to signature – Do you send emails to friends, family co-workers etc.? Then add your Facebook business page address to your signature making it easy for your email readers to find you on Facebook.
3) Invite your newsletter subscribers – If you have a subscription list for your newsletter make sure to invite them to like your Facebook page. Many may not know you have a page. Or, sometimes, just getting a personal invitation may push them over the edge of liking your page.
4) Use Facebook Comments – Use Facebook comments on your website because when visitors make comments it gets shared to their friends’ newsfeed on Facebook. When their friends see the comments they now have access to your information and therefore find you on Facebook.
5) Get Fans to tag photos – A great way to really engage and grow your fanbase is by using photos from events on your page and encouraging fans to tag themselves in your photos. If you sell at a craft fair or go to a conference take tons of photos so you can connect with new and established fans.
6) Embed videos on your website – Creating videos for your Facebook page is a great way to connect with fans. But did you know you can then take that video and embed it on your website to your website visitors can see it and also engage with it? When they do they have the opportunity to like your Facebook page.
7) Run a contest – This isn’t my favorite way, but many Facebook fan pages run contests to grow their fanbase and it’s a great tool. It can go viral if your fans share with their friends and so on. Make sure you’re running a contest that will appeal directly to the type of fans you want to attract.
8) Link to your Twitter – Link your Facebook page to your Twitter account to cross engage.
9) Include Facebook address on print media – Put your Facebook business page address on any print media related to your business such as business cards, flyers, posters and postcards. Be easy to find.
10) Add a link on your personal profile – There’s a place in the “about” section of your personal profile where you can let your friends know where you work. In that area make sure to add a link to your Facebook business page making it easy for your friends to connect with you.
11) Tag your business page – Sometimes, when appropriate you can tag your Facebook Business page from a status you’re writing on your personal page. Don’t make an annoying habit, but when relevant go for it!
12) Add “Like” Button – Adding a “Like” button on your website is a great way to make it easy for people to like your page without having to go to another site to do it.
13) Develop a culture – Developing a great culture of engagement on your page will grow your page simply by having your fans enjoy your content and sharing it with their friends.
14) Be consistent – Be consistent in everything you’re doing when it comes to your Facebook page. Post consistently, engage consistently and monitor consistently. Consistency will let your fans know you are a professional and that they are important.
15) Use compelling photos – Not every post should be a photo, but using compelling photos is a great way to get fans to share your post and help grow your base. Photos can be specific to your topic, quotes or fun and funny. As long as they’re compelling they should get some engagement.
16) Share blog posts – Sharing your blog posts on Facebook is a great way to get people to engage with your content, share and grow your base. Consider posting a full blog post directly into your status so they don’t have to go anywhere and they can share it that way.
17) Ask questions – Asking questions and getting your audience to answer them is great. You engaging with the answers they post is gold for getting more people to answer and therefore spreading your content to more people
The bottom line is if you want to get more people on your page engage and entertain them, they’ll want to come back and share your content with their friends. Stay in their timeline by being consistent in your posting schedule and they’ll remember you and share you more.
What have you done to grow your Facebook followers without paying? We’d love to hear about it in the comments!